The Mutation of the “Prolife” Heresy into a Murder/Suicide Cult
Long ago, I wrote a piece called “Truth Cancer and the Redemption of Rebellion“. Among other things, I observed that heresy (that is, Truth Cancer) is not so much a lie as a metastasized truth, a kind of cancer of the mind. It is a real truth affirmed by the Faith that becomes monstrously swollen like a tumor and becomes, in the mind of the heretic, the Only Truth There Is.
Like a cancer, that truth then becomes weaponized in the hands of the heretic who sets out to destroy all other truths he perceives as enemies of The Only Truth There Is. If the Truth Cancer is not successfully destroyed it eventually kills all the healthy tissue, not only in the Body of Christ, but in human society as well, resulting inevitably in insanity and all sorts of spiritual and physical death.
The archetype of heresy in the Christian tradition is the Arian heresy. It took the single greatest good the Church adores–God the Father–and weaponized him against the other two Persons of the Blessed Trinity. It was precisely the goodness and greatness of God the Father that made it such a potent heresy, because any attempt to talk sense to the heretics was instantly perceived as an assault on the majesty of the Father, not as what it truly was, an attempt to defend the deity and majesty of the Son and the Holy Spirit. The lesson here is that the greater the truth, the more deadly the heresy that gloms on to it.
The weird thing about heresy is that, like cancer, it tends to mutate into its opposite if unchecked. Arianism is, again, instructive. A resurgent form of it re-asserted itself in the 17th century among Puritans. They rejected the Trinity as “Romish” and unbiblical. Only this time there was nothing to check the heresy. Eventually, it declined into Unitarianism and much of Unitarianism abandoned theism as a living faith altogether.
I mention this curious phenomenon of mutation because we are witnessing the same thing with the monomaniac heresy that was once the “prolife” movement. Long ago, it really was dominated by people who sought to “defend human life from conception to natural death” as the phrase goes. It was defending a high and holy truth: the dignity of the human person.
But for the past forty years, they have been systematically brainwashed with the lie that our abortion regime (which is 100% the creation of a Supreme Court that has been dominated by GOP appointees since 1970) can be magicked away if only we commit ourselves to voting GOP. Again and again, the prolife movement has believed this manipulative lie and, again and again, the only result has been that “prolife” believers have brainwashed themselves with the lie that, so long as they support GOP policies that are ever more sadistic, thieving, cruel, stupid, racist and idiotic, they will–this time for sure–“outlaw abortion”.
The result, as with all monomaniac heresy, has been the now-fanatical and blind belief that Opposition to Abortion Taketh Away the Sin of the World. Any evil, including complicity in the mass killing of innocents, is now justified by the MAGA “prolife” heresy.
So, as we face a Pandemic that has killed nearly a million Americans, it is MAGA “prolife” leaders like Abby Johnson who have not only fought vaccination tooth and nail, but have even called for what she says is “herd immunity” but is in fact a eugenic policy of leaving the disease to burn through the population and kill the weak.
Indeed, the MAGA “prolife” subculture has consistently led the charge in striving to spread Pandemic as much as possible. From stupid, self-pitying mask protests to moronic claims that vaccines are “godless” the “prolife” have now mutated into a murder/suicide cult bent on killing as many as possible by COVID. They are the backbone of the GOP effort to paint vaccination campaigns as some absurd totalitarian threat. Their criminally lying organs of propaganda spread the lie that vaccines are “against nature”. And while they spread their filthy, deadly, evil lies they do what this evil cult always does: ignore the hundreds of thousands of victims they have killed with their lies focus all their pity on themselves, screaming that they are “discriminated against” because they recklessly spread the virus.
In Tennessee, where COVID cases are on the rise, the person in charge of trying to vaccinate the population was fired for her efforts, not because she was failing, but because she was succeeding and the MAGA cult that runs the state decided she was some kind Komminnissist.
Because some within society — and even within the church — have spread dangerous misinformation about the vaccines, the Vatican has published a document clarifying the vaccines’ safety, effectiveness and moral acceptability (see humandevelopment.va). Here are some of the document’s more salient points:
- Vaccination is a simple, safe and effective way of protecting people against harmful diseases using the body’s natural defenses to build resistance to dangerous infections. Vaccines are thoroughly tested and monitored to ensure they are safe.
- Vaccinations “can be used with a clear conscience and that the use of such vaccines does not signify some sort of cooperation with voluntary abortion.” In fact, the moral responsibility is to vaccinate in order to avoid serious health risks for children and the general population.
- Listen to the authoritative voice of the church on moral issues. Contrary to statements made by some in the church today, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, whose task is to promote and protect doctrine in matters of faith and morals, has made clear that in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, all vaccinations recognized as clinically safe and effective may be used.
- We need to trust science, not rumors and conspiracy theories: “Like the virus, misinformation can spread quickly. It is harmful and complicates pandemic response efforts. It is important to follow the advice of trusted sources, including local public health authorities and the websites of relevant regional and international organizations.”
- We all have a responsibility not to share unverified information that comes from dubious sources. As the Holy Father reminds us, “social aggression has found unparalleled room for expansion through computers and mobile devices,” which “has now given free rein to ideologies,” blocking “the kind of serene reflection that could lead us to a shared wisdom” and preventing us from penetrating “to the heart of matters, and to recognize what is essential to give meaning to our lives” (“Fratelli Tutti,” 44-45; 50). Yet we can together “seek the truth in dialogue,” through “the process of building fraternity be it local or universal … by spirits that are free and open to authentic encounters” (50).
But the Greatest Catholics of All Time who form the backbone of the MAGA “prolife” heresy know better than the Church. So when a demagogue like Fr. James Altman, in between suggesting that Warsaw Jews had it coming in the Holocaust and describing lynching as capital punishment, spews deadly lies in support of vaccine conspiracy kookery, the MAGA Cult naturally invites him to CPAC to spew more nonsense.
The good news is that his bishop has told him to shut his yap:
The bad news is that Altman spits in his bishop’s face:
And a lot suckers are ready to throw a bunch of $$$ at this grifting megalomaniac. He’s already collected 3/4 of a million bucks for his “defense fund” from chumps who don’t know that a canon law trial costs him nothing. And now he has set up a website to part more fools from their money.
And the unborn lives being saved by all this grifting? None. All that is achieved is that Altman spread lies and death amid pandemic and grifts suckers while platforming the crook Vigano, who screamed “Resign!” at the pope a couple of years ago to cover his own ass for failing to move against McCarrick.
The Greatest Catholics of All Time have mutated into enemies of the Church and the MAGA “prolife” Cult has mutated into a murder/suicide cult at war with holy Church, at war with public health, at war with their neighbors, and at war with God.
Not there is nothing left of the prolife movement. The Dems want to give out monthly child tax credits that will greatly ease pressure on the poor to abort. That’s why I voted for them: because I’m prolife.